- If the plastic is a light or medium tint, a gel stain can be used to produce the appearance of wood on it.
- Applying the brown gel stain to the plastic with a rag and rubbing it in primarily in the same direction causes it to produce brighter and darker lines as it travels over the surface.
- To achieve a darker grain, just apply additional gel dye.
- To get a more convincing fake grain, drag a paintbrush through the wet glaze in a circular motion.
Can you paint barrels?
But if you don’t like the color blue, you can always paint them! Sand paper is used by Mike to rough up the surface of his barrels so that the paint will adhere more effectively. It is recommended that the barrels be painted before they are installed in the gun so that a nice even coat may be applied to them. Judy demonstrates the paint to us.
Can plastics be painted?
Painting on plastic presents a number of challenges. Plastic, unlike wood, is not porous, therefore there is little for the paint to adhere to when it is applied. However, if you put in the necessary amount of preparation, painting plastic may be accomplished successfully.
Why do the barrels start Blue?
- Because the color blue represents a food-grade standard in the business, the barrels begin in this color.
- When you buy barrels from BlueBarrel, you can be certain that they are both safe and suitable because they are always blue in color.
- But if you don’t like the color blue, you can always paint them!
- Sand paper is used by Mike to rough up the surface of his barrels so that the paint will adhere more effectively.