- How to Cleanly Remove Plastic that Has Melted From Metal Utilizing a dull knife made of metal or wood, your goal should be to scrape away as much of the melted plastic as possible.
- If there are any fragments of plastic that are still clinging to the cooktop after using the dull knife, soak at least four to six sheets of paper towels in WD-40, and then wipe the stovetop to remove any remaining bits of plastic.
Remove any melted plastic from the surface of the metal.
- Put the plastic in the freezer.
- Remove the plastic by scraping it: To remove the brittle plastic, you can use a scraper made of wood or a hard plastic.
- Make a mixture of baking soda and water to make a soft abrasive, and then use it to remove any remaining fragments of plastic
How do you remove melted plastic from a gas stove top?
The combination of baking soda and vinegar is the strategy that will remove melted plastic faster and more thoroughly than any other. Create a paste using these two components, and bring the burner up to a moderate temperature. Scrub it with a nylon scrubber and then thoroughly rinse it off. The finishing touch is a wipe with a paper towel, so you should use that.
How to fix a stovetop that has melted or stuck?
For instance, removing a plastic wrapper or bag off the burner would most likely call for a different approach than removing a bowl or plastic lid that has melted or been adhered to the surface. You may restore your cooktop back in tip-top form by utilizing one or more of the methods that are listed below. 1. Water that is Boiling