How to Clean Yellow Stains Off a White Plastic Surface
- Wash the plastic with soap and water to get rid of any filth or oil that can prevent the sandpaper from working properly
- It is recommended that you use a wet/dry sandpaper with a fine grit, such as 400 or 600. Sandpaper with a finer grit will require more effort on your part, but it will reduce the likelihood of creating visible scratches on the surface you are working on
- Apply some water on the sandpaper to act as a lubricant, and then rub the paper over the plastic in a circular or back-and-forth motion
- After you have completed sanding, clean the plastic by wiping it down with a damp towel
- Bring back the luster by applying paste wax with a cloth and rubbing it until it is smooth
Utilizing Peroxide to Restore the Original Color of Yellowed Plastic
- Straight peroxide should be poured into the container
- The container should be filled with the plastic
- The discoloration should come off the plastic if you leave it in the sunlight for some time.
- Drain and pat dry
How to remove yellow stains from plastic?
The yellowed portions can be greatly lightened with the assistance of hydrogen peroxide.You may also let the item soak in the peroxide for up to two hours.This is another option.
- Make a solution by combining four teaspoons of bleach with four cups of warm water in a mixing bowl.
- Spend the next half an hour soaking the plastic in the solution.
- After removing the object, give it a thorough cleaning by rinsing it under water that is cold.
How do you get white residue off of plastic?
Vinegar of white color has the same miraculous effect on plastic that bleach does, but it is not nearly as hazardous. Before pouring the liquid into or onto your plastic, first combine one part white vinegar with one part water in a mixing bowl. After allowing the plastic to lie in the white vinegar for a few hours, you may then rinse it with soap and water to remove any remaining residue.
How do you whiten yellowed plastic with Comet?
The first step in the process of bleaching plastic is to wet the various pieces of plastic. Scrubbing may begin as soon as some Comet cleaning has been applied to the scouring sponge. Scrubbing will get rid of the yellow, but it will take a lot of effort and time to do this. After the yellow has been removed, wash the piece in water containing dishwashing liquid.