Method 2: Reset Recycle Bin Icons – This is not the optimal approach, but it has worked for most people. The issue is apparently resolved by placing the Recycle Bin icons in reverse order (empty icon for full recycle bin and vice versa) and then reverting them to their original arrangement.
- Follow the steps below to implement this solution.
- Select Personalize by right-clicking on an empty area of Desktop Click Change desktop Using Windows 10, pick Themes from the left pane and then Desktop icon settings from the right.
- Select the Recycle Bin (full) and Change icons.
- Choose the Recycle Bin (empty) symbol and press the OK button.
Select the Recycle Bin (empty) and Change icons. Select the Recycle Bin (full) symbol and press the OK button. Click Apply followed by Ok Now, we must choose the appropriate icons for the recycling bin Click Change desktop icons if you are not currently in the window to do so.
How can I change the symbol for the Recycle Bin?
- Open the Settings menu.
- Click twice on the Display icon.
- In the Display Properties box, click the tab labeled Desktop.
- Click the icon labeled Customize Desktop.
- Select either the’Recycle Bin (full)’ or’Recycle Bin (empty)’ folder in the Desktop Items panel and click the Change Icon button.
Method 2: Remove all rights and reinstall the recycling bin in Windows – 1. Remove all permissions and the damaged recycle bin.
- Go to Control Panel > Tab File Explorer > Select View
- Uncheck or unhide protected system operating files > When each disk is opened, the Recycle.bin folder and permissions with an extra recycle.bin folder will be shown.
- Delete each drive’s permissions and recycle.bin(s), and then restart Windows.
2. Reinstalling the Windows 10/8/7 recycle bin
- Right-click on Desktop > choose Customize
- Select Themes > Click Desktop Icon settings under Related Settings
- Check the Recycle Bin, then click the Apply button.
After retrieving the recycle bin, do not immediately fill it with unnecessary files. Do not forget to check the Recycle Bin to see if the deleted files are there. If no tracks can be located, you will want expert assistance. In simply three simple steps, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will retrieve all of your lost data.
How to conceal Windows 10’s Recycle Bin?
- Select the Start button, followed by Settings.
- Select Personalization > Themes > Settings for desktop icons.
- Check the RecycleBin box, then click Apply.