The key to successful, responsible oil recycling is making sure you capture it all. Lay down a tarp or plastic sheet underneath your work area. Then position a proper container on top of your tarp and underneath your engine to catch the oil as it drains. (A drip pan that comes complete with a spout is going to be your best pick.)
How do you dispose of motor oil properly?
- When changing oil, use a tarp or absorbent paper to catch any spillage.
- Change the oil and filter on the vehicle, piece of equipment, or instrument you are fixing.
- Avoid contaminating the oil with other liquids or substances as much as possible.
- Puncture the old oil filter’s dome and pour the surplus oil into your oil pan.
How can motor oil be recycled at home?
– Cover the space beneath your vehicle with a plastic sheet to avoid spills or runoff that might pollute the soil. When changing your car’s oil, you should have a clean plastic container with a secure cover on hand. – Transport the container of used oil and the old filter to a recycling organization that collects used oil and can properly treat it.