Restore a File or Folder – From the Recycle Bin, you may restore a file or folder. This is useful if you have removed an item that is still required.
- Click twice on the Recycle Bin icon. All recently deleted files and folders are shown and sortable.
- Click to mark a file or folder for restoration.
- Select the Management tab.
- Click the Restore Selected Items button.
The file or folder is restored to its original position.
Can I recover files from the Recycle Bin?
Restore deleted files or folders from your computer – Whether you have deleted files or folders from OneDrive, check your computer’s Recycle Bin (Windows) or Trash (Mac) to see if they are still there. Notes:
- Online-only files deleted from your computer will not show in the Recycle Bin or Trash.
- If you receive an email or message stating “was taken from your OneDrive,” a shared folder has been erased. You will not be able to recover or restore a shared folder. If you shared a folder with someone and they erased its contents, you can discover them in your trash.
- To restore files from the Recycle Bin in Windows, open the Recycle Bin, right-click the files or folders you wish to recover, and select Restore. The file or folder’s original folder will be restored.
- To restore files from the Trash on a Mac, open the Trash, pick the files or folders you wish to recover, right-click them, and choose Put back. The file or folder’s original folder will be restored.