Eyeglasses – There are several methods for donating eyeglasses. Walmart Vision Centers: Lions Clubs International is affiliated with Walmart Vision Centers. You may drop off your eyeglasses at any Walmart Vision Center that accepts them. Local Lions groups: Some local Lions clubs collect eyeglasses.
To contact a local Lions club to determine if they collect eyeglasses, please utilize the Club Locator to identify a club in your area. Once you’ve discovered a club, you may send a message to it by clicking the envelope button. If you are unable to identify a local Walmart or Lions club that takes eyeglasses donations, you can ship your unopened eyeglasses or contact lenses to the nearest LERC.
Here you may locate your local LERC.
Where can I dispose of my old glasses close by?
Contacting a local Lions club or district in your region is the easiest method to obtain assistance from Lions International for eyeglasses or hearing aids. Local Lions clubs are made of volunteers that undertake initiatives and activities in local areas and sometimes give direct aid to individuals.
Where may old glasses be donated in Ireland?
Lions Clubs International sponsors a worldwide collecting and delivery of worn eyeglasses to third-world nations, where the beneficiaries are not interested in the frames as a fashion statement, but rather in the lenses to allow them to see. According to the World Health Organization, around 150 million people have uncorrected refractive defects (near-sightedness, far-sightedness or astigmatism).
- The majority of these visual problems are straightforward to identify and cure with corrective lenses.
- Still, millions of individuals in poor countries are forced deeper into poverty due to the lack of glasses.
- They cannot learn due to the difficulty of reading.
- Because they cannot see well, they cannot perform to the best of their abilities.
Clear eyesight implies a better education, a healthy growth, and a higher quality of life for children. It means better work opportunities and economic power for adults. It implies reduced dependency on others for elderly. Each year, the Lions of District 133 Ireland collect and recycle hundreds of pairs of eyeglasses for distribution in the developing world.
- We are not interested in the cases, only the broken or unbroken glasses.
- The lenses are of utmost importance, with complete frames being a plus.
- The eyeglasses collected by the Lions Clubs of District 133 Ireland are sent to Medico Lions Clubs of France in Le Havre for sorting and grading before to shipment to third-world nations.
If you have unwanted old eyeglasses, please send an email to [email protected] with your name and where you reside in Ireland, and we will do our best to connect you with a Lions Club in your area. If you reside in Dublin or Cork, please specify your neighborhood, since we operate many clubs in both cities.
OneSight – OneSight is a nonprofit organization that collects, recycles, and redistributes used eyeglasses. OneSight has worked with several eye care providers, including LensCrafters, Sears Optical, and Pearle Vision, to collect donations. You may donate your old eyeglasses to any retailer that is a partner.