Merchandise & Equipment Account & Billing More support If there are no icons on your desktop, right-click (or press and hold) the desktop and choose View. If Show desktop icons is unchecked, click it to indicate it as selected. If it fails, try the following: Choose Start > Settings > Personalization > Themes > Settings for desktop icons. Ensure that the Recycle Bin checkbox is selected, then click OK. The icon should be visible on your desktop. When in tablet mode, desktop icons will not be visible. Go to Start Settings System Tablet Format to view your desktop icons in tablet mode. Both Hide app icons from the taskbar in tablet mode and Hide the taskbar automatically in tablet mode should be disabled. Access the Themes option
Does every laptop include a Recycle Bin?
Recovering Files from the Recycle Bin – Just like desktop computers, laptops include a recycle bin. All files that are deleted from the hard disk are immediately forwarded to the recycle bin. If you do not permanently erase files from the recycle bin, you can restore them using the steps below.
- Click the recycle bin icon on your laptop to open the recycle bin. This may be found on the desktop or by searching for the recycling bin.
- Check for the recently deleted files you wish to recover. You can also search the list of available files for the files you accidentally deleted.
- Select the files and click on the section with the right mouse button.
- To retrieve the files, tap “Restore.” You are returning the files to their original places.
- Go to the original file location to retrieve the restored files. You can also use the search tab to locate the new location of the files.